Launching a business fast: Interview with Vieri from Video & Bits
How long did it take you to launch your vegan business? Or how long have you been planning to launch your business?
Vieri Wikes was a successful vegan hair stylist when Covid-19 hit, and went from having a client-base of loyal customers to having no money coming in overnight when the lockdown came into force.
Most people would not know what to do in this situation – but Vieri had an idea for a new business called Video & Bits and set it up and had new paying clients within a couple of weeks. I spoke to Vieri about how she got a business off the ground so quickly, and what we can all learn about focus and why ‘good is good enough’.
What you will learn from this interview:
- How you need to test that there is a market for your idea before putting time and money into developing it into a business.
- How you can use virtual networking events to get in front of a lot of potential customers quickly.
- How you can use systems that other people have already developed to get your idea off the ground quicker – Vieri set up a video company without ever owning a video camera.
- How you can have a vegan business, even though you don’t lead with the fact that it’s vegan.
- How planning too much will actually slow you down, and sometimes it’s better to jump in and start doing, and learn and amend as you go.
- How you can use online tools like Canva to produce graphics and branding yourself.
- How you can simplify what you are selling to make it easier for the customer to buy from you.
- And remembering that ‘good is good enough’.
Please add your own comment:
Ready to join your tribe?
Have a question about joining?
More from VBT...
Online networking meet-ups on Zoom
Meet other vegan business owners and link up with other people on the same mission. Held three times a month on various days and times.
Learn in our Vegan Business Academy
Learn from vegan business experts. Online courses, masterclasses, interviews & more to help you grow your vegan business.
Connect with our full VBT community on Slack
Get full access to our active community on Slack. Post your questions & share your wins! Got a question for Lisa & David? Post them here too!
Don’t be isolated with our co-working sessions
Join us for focused two-hour work sessions where you can work on your own task with other VBT members in the background on Zoom.